Juried Photography Exhibition – Call for Entries
Date(s) - 07/01/2019 - 08/05/2019
12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Call For Entries
Juried Photography Exhibition
September 15 – November 10, 2019
Opening Reception: Sunday, September 15, 4-6pm
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Monday, August 5, 2019 by Midnight EST
The ability to submit will end Monday, August 5, 2019, at Midnight EST. Your submission must be completed before Midnight. No Exceptions.
NOTE: After reading the following prospectus, at the bottom of this webpage you will find the button/link to create or log in to your Submittable account. This is the first step in submitting your work/s for consideration. There is no cost to create a Submittable account to submit to the Monmouth Museum’s Call for Entries, you only pay for making your submission. Remember to confirm you have selected the correct exhibition opportunity.
Juror: Jenn Hampton, Curator–Wooden Walls Project and Co-Director of Parlor Gallery, Asbury Park
This exhibition will feature work representing the breadth and diversity of expression in contemporary photography and includes a variety of photographic media, from traditional black and white images to color photographs, digital and manipulated prints, video/film and alternative processes.
Eligibility: For this juried exhibition all photographic applications (including video/film) will be considered. Open to all artists worldwide age 18 and over. All work entered must be the photographer’s/videographer’s/filmmaker’s original creations and completed within the last five years, and must not have been presented in past Monmouth Museum exhibitions.
- Works will be considered through online submission of digital images (*See Below). Submissions are limited to a maximum of FOUR entries/artworks.
- Acceptance into the exhibition is not guaranteed with entry.
- The Monmouth Museum reserves the right to reject work delivered at the time of the exhibition that is not the artist’s accepted work or does not meet the criteria set by the curator.
- Selected artwork must be wired, framed and ready to hang (no saw-tooth hangers).
- Wall-mountable artworks must be less than 7 feet in height or width.
- Entered and accepted work cannot be substituted.
- All work must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
- If accepted, appropriate equipment for video/film submissions must be provided by the artist (if applicable).
- Online Submissions Via Submittable Only!
- Digital Submission Specifications: DO NOT submit more than 4 entries in your submission. 1 Detail is permitted per work submitted but not required.
SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- Contact Information (Name, Address, Phone and Email)
- Statement Summary (Not over 250 words). Please be careful when submitting your information to include proper spelling and grammar as changes cannot be made after submission. The statement should be written in the first person and specific to the work/s you are submitting.
- Image List (With a unique Title of each work, Media, Size (HxWxD), Year completed and Price)
- Images of your work/s. Re-name files to include image number (Corresponding to Image List). JPEG Image Files with the preferred resolution of 300 dpi /ppi are preferred due to the PR and printing needs of the Museum. Images of different resolutions and formats can still be submitted, for example 72 dpi/ppi and 92 dpi/ppi or PNG and TIFF files, etc. can be submitted for consideration. Please see listing within the form/application for all acceptable file formats.
- Submission Payment
*Frequently Asked Questions:
- If your work is selected for promotional purposes you may be asked for a 300 dpi/ppi JPEG image at a later date if the file you submitted is different.
- The Museum will not re-size images or offer tutorials on the re-sizing of your images. Please visit the internet for an abundance of various sources and YouTube tutorials on how to re-size your images.
- The requested Statement Summary has a limit of 250 words. The optional Full Statement has a limit of 2 pages. Please write your statement in the first person and state HOW & WHY you created the specific work/s being submitted. Please do not use identifying markers such as your name or website in this section. This section is not a CV or Biography. Please upload the optional Bio and/or CV in the designated areas.
- Name images with consecutive numbers from 1 – 4. Images must be labeled: Title_EntryNumber_Media_Size_Year_Price
Example: Ideas_1_Photography_24 x 36_2018_$2000
FEE: $20 per entry/artwork. You may enter 1 – 4 entries.
Example: 1 entry/artwork = $20; 2 entries/artworks = $40; 3 entries/artworks = $60 and 4 entries/artworks = $80, One image detail is allowed and included per entry but not required.
PAYMENT: Payment must be made at time of online submission of your entry/entries. Amex, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted through PayPal via Submittable.
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS.
Announcement of Accepted Photographers:
Photographers selected for exhibition will be contacted directly via email by August 26, 2019 Midnight EST. Artists declined will also be notified via email by August 26, 2019 Midnight EST.
CALENDAR (If Accepted):
- Receiving (In Person Drop – Off): Monday, September 9 , 2019, 10am to 5pm
- Shipping Due Date: Monday, September 9 , 2019, 10am to 5pm (See Below**)
- Exhibition: September 15 – November 10, 2019
- Opening Reception: Sunday, September 15, 4-6pm
- Pick-up Artwork (In Person): Monday, November 11, 2019 from 10am – 5pm
- Shipping Return**: Send a pre-paid return label with your artwork/s. Artists are then responsible to schedule pick-up with their own shipping provider for either Tuesday, November 12th or Wednesday, November 13th. Schedule pick up between 10am and 4:30pm.
There is a $5 per day late fee for all works left at the Museum after the in person pick-up date of Monday, November 11, 2019 from 10am – 5pm. You may not remove your artwork from the exhibition early. The $5 per day late fee applies for shipped works left at the Museum beyond Wednesday, November 13, 2019.**
Sale of Artwork: The Monmouth Museum encourages the sale of exhibited artwork. The Monmouth Museum will collect the purchase price for all work, take a 20% sales commission and issue a check for the remainder to the artist at the close of the exhibition.
Media/Public Relations Release: The Monmouth Museum reserves the right to use digital images of accepted and exhibited artwork for media and website PR and advertising.
**SHIPPING: All work shipped via FedEx, UPS, DHL, Private Shipper or USPS must arrive at the Museum by 5:00 pm Monday, September 9, 2019. Schedule deliveries between 10am and 4:30pm.
All shipping costs and liability of artwork during shipment are the responsibility of the artist. All entries must have a prepaid downloadedFedEx, UPS, DHL or USPS return shipping label with barcode included in the package. PLEASE NOTE: Do not use “FED EX OFFICE” for return shipping labels as they provide no pick-up at the Museum and the Museum does not make deliveries. Artists are responsible to schedule pick up with their own shipping provider for either, Tuesday, November 12th or Wednesday, November 13th. A late fee of $5 per day applies after Wednesday, Noevember 13, 2019 for works that were shipped (Schedule pick up between 10am and 4:30pm).
Receiving (In Person Drop – Off):
Monmouth Museum, 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738
On the Campus of Brookdale Community College, take Campus Drive to Museum Drive to Parking Lot 1, Building 10
Shipping address for accepted works delivered via FedEx, UPS, DHL and Private Shipper:
Monmouth Museum, 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738, Building 10
Shipping address for accepted works via USPS delivery ONLY:
Monmouth Museum, PO Box 359, Lincroft, NJ 07738