Job Opportunities at the Monmouth Museum
Seasonal Help Wanted (April Through August)
The Monmouth Museum is currently hiring Docents for seasonal employment in our Educational Programs Department.
Docents encourage visitors to explore the Museum while providing them with the tools and knowledge for a safe, educational and enjoyable visit.
Examples of a docent’s daily tasks may include (thorough training provide):
- Leading guided tours for schools, scouts and camp groups
- Presenting a planetarium program
- Conducting MMKIDS educational programs in the Innovation Laboratory
- Reading to young children at story-time
- Supervising an arts and crafts session
- Assisting visitors in the use of interactive exhibition elements
- Routine tidying throughout their shift
- Craft/activity preparation
Requirements: Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be enthusiastic, pleasant, flexible, willing to learn and to engage others – especially children and families. Must have good public speaking skills and customer service skills. Experience in supervising children, customer service, education or teaching is preferred, but not required.
Hours are 10-25 hours per week, including weekday mornings and some week-end hours.
Pay: $10.00 per hour
Send Resume to Catherine Esposito at email@example.com
or call 732-224-1989